When words go wrong

Every night before bed, the kids each read a scripture from the "kid's" Book of Mormon and then Ed or I read the same scripture from the Book of Mormon. Bree who is in kindergarten, is very anxious to read without help. So almost every word is sounded out next to a very patient daddy and a mommy hoping to speed up every word until the end so I can have some peace and quiet. (I know, I am a bad example. Quit your lecturing you judgemental people.)

Tonight, it happened. She sounded out the word "darkness". VERY SLOWLY. All the sounds were perfect, then I told her to "snap it". Which just means put it together. Well, it came out "canoe a$$". I was laughing so hard, I was crying! Even Ed was cracking up. He rarely loses his composure, especially at prayer time. Bree was so good though, she didn't get offended or anything! She just kept reading.

I love being a mom.

Comments

Mak said…
See? It's the moments like that that make it all worthwhile!

Kudos to you guys for reading scrips with the kids. We need to follow your excellent example and plan of using the "kid" BOM as well as the "big kid" one!

Popular posts from this blog

Reindeer

A Day in The Life