The Parable of the Cheese

Back in March, Ed and I decided to just go for it and pay off the car.  Not a week later we had to replace the motor mount and fix the high beams.  We also had the 90k mile service, and threw in the timing belt (about 10 k miles too early I found out), just for good measure.  As a result, we have been really tight financially.  We are fine, we've just had to be very frugal lately.  One thing I've been trying to do is go to the store less.  Less impulse buys equals happy husband.

About a week ago, I was vacuuming and trying to plan dinner.  When I came up with what I wanted, I realized that we didn't have any cheese.  I was pretty bummed, because that dinner sounded so good.  I can't even remember what it was now.  I prayed to my Heavenly Father.  It went something like this;  I know that we have been blessed far beyond our ability to even comprehend, but I want some cheese.  I want some extra money so we aren't as tight, so I can get some cheese. 

I finished my vacuuming, and thought nothing more about this prayer for the next several hours.  About five hours later, the kids got home from school, and I went up to check on Mallory.  When I came down, there was a two pound block of cheese sitting on my counter.  I was upstairs for maybe 90 seconds.  Nobody seemed to know how it got there.  I did eventually find out where it came from.

It was better than receiving money in the mail.  It was a huge reminder in a small package of how much my Heavenly Father loves me.  How he hears my simple prayers.  How the small, seemingly unimportant things matter to Him, because they matter to us.  It strengthened my testimony that my Heavenly Father lives, and loves me, and that I matter to Him.

Comments

Aimee said…
Awesome story! I want to know where it came from...

Popular posts from this blog

Reindeer

A Day in The Life